With Crissie Insurance Group helping you reduce your risk you may never file a claim. However, if you do, you want to know that your agent is there to assist you. Our dedicated, in-house claims management team will guide you through the sometimes-complex claims process from initial report through final claims payment.
Here are the services we offer in the claims management process.
- The biggest problem in claims management is poor communication. We foster communication with claim adjusters and managers and can assist if problems arise.
- No business owner wants a carrier to pay a questionable claim. We work with your adjuster to ensure they pay only the claims owed. However, insurance companies sometimes pay losses to avoid litigation. We help ensure you have a voice in and understand if "cost of defense" claims will be paid. When claim disputes arise, we work with your adjuster or claims manager to find a resolution.
- "Subrogation," when others owe for damaging your property or injuring an employee, it is a critical aspect of claims handling. We monitor your claims to ensure the carrier subrogates, which reduces your premiums. Loss reserves, the money set aside by your insurance carrier to handle claims to conclusion, tie directly to your loss experience.
- We monitor reserves and work to ensure reserves are adequate and not inflated. We forecast experience modification (e-mod) factors prior to your renewal, which helps to ensure your premiums are accurate and not overstated.
- Managers must have accurate loss information to understand their total cost of risk. We monitor and provide regular loss runs throughout the year. With these updates, you will know the status on open claims or on subrogation issues.
- Until a workers' compensation claim is closed, it still affects your experience-modification factor. We continue to review and monitor all open claims in prior policy terms still affecting your e-mod calculation.
- The longer a claim is open, the more it normally costs to conclude. We monitor your open claims to ensure legitimate claims are promptly adjusted and paid.
- We furnish customized claims kits to help reduce administrative time spent in loss handling. These kits ensure your employees and managers know what to do should a loss occur.
- A critical component of personnel management is a proactive return-to-work program. We customize a return-to-work program that improves employee retention and lowers your experience-modification factor.
- Sometimes insurance carriers incorrectly calculate your company's experience-mods, which increases your premium. As your agent we will review your experience-mod for accuracy and help resolve any discrepancies.
- Businesses must look to the future to ensure they have a roadmap to follow. The same is true of business losses. Loss trending analyzes your loss frequency (how often a particular type of loss occurs) and your loss severity (what that loss costs your organization). This allows you to focus on the loss drivers that cause claims and increase premiums. Our agents prepare trending analyses so that you can pinpoint loss exposures and reduce accidents and injuries.
Please call us at (800) 562-6362 or fill out this form for further assistance